Thursday, May 24, 2007

Taco Of Poisson Of Wahoo' S




It was time to hit the corporate taco again. I drive past Wahoo's fish taco from time to time and I had yet to try their fish tacos.Wahoo's is a west coast chain that originated in Hawaii. They don't claim to be authentic mexican, more of a Hawaiian-mex hybrid I think. There are a lot of stickers on the walls which gives the impression that Wahoo's is a local hang out for "bros"

I went to the West LA location on Wilshire blvd and ordered a fish taco, asada taco combo.

IMG_0786

I opened my box and everything looked good. The rice serving was soft and nicely packed ,the beans as well. The tacos were neatly rolled up individually in tin foil paper. Then it all went downhill.

IMG_0787

I opened the fish taco first. The fish was tender with some flavor but very forgettable. Overall just really bland, bland salsa as well. Just not the kind of fish taco that one would think could spawn hundreds of successful restaurants.

I unwrapped my carne asada taco and I saw this.

IMG_0791
WTF????

At first I was kind of mad. It's a natural reaction for anyone who gets lettuce on their taco. But then I started laughing uncontrollably. I laughed so hard it started to hurt.

IMG_0792

After I calmed down I brushed off the lettuce and noticed that some bits of steak had melted cheese on them. Another mini WTF moment but after the lettuce bombardment I wasn't surprised. Lettuce and cheese not withstanding, this taco was totally disgusting.

Wahoo's is really popular with people on Yelp so maybe it's me. Maybe one too many habaneros on my tongue damaged my taste buds. Nahhhh.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

11911 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90025




Technorati Tags:Tacos,Wahoo's, Fish taco,Los Angeles
I did not fall the face from the ground...
The pizza pie of two Initializations comes to make echo the park; more
rock of eagle

No comments: